Regulated Medical Waste Collection and Sharps Container Pickup Services
Proudly serving the Upstate, we offer a variety of regulated biomedical waste collection services. We also offer a selection of boxes, bags and sharps containers for medical and biohazard waste.
There are multiple definitions used for Red Bag Waste (which is also referred to as regulated, infective, infectious, and biohazardous waste). A definition from OSHA defines biohazardous waste as:
- Any liquid or semi-liquid blood or other potentially infectious materials;
- Contaminated items that would release blood or other potentially infectious materials in a liquid or semi-liquid state if compressed;
- Items that are caked with dried blood or other potentially infectious materials and are capable of releasing these materials during handling;
- Sharps (including needles, scalpel blades, glass, pipettes) contaminated with blood and body fluids;
- Pathological and microbiological wastes containing blood or other potentially infectious materials.
Let SterAssure™ take care of your regulated medical waste collection. Contact us today for a quote based on your company’s waste collection needs. It only takes a few minutes to set up your account with a live person or schedule a pick-up online.